OP v/s PO

I have always felt that everyone needs to be optimistic to lead a more fulfilling life. Though there have been some of my friends, who say that merely being a pessimist is not something bad by itself. They say it's just another dichotomy like theism-atheism, emotional-logical, introvert-extrovert etc. They add it's not analogous to good-bad, ugly-beautiful etc.
I'm not sure if they are right. But there's something interesting that happened over the last week. One of my NRI friends had called me some days back and in due course of the talk he said, "If there is a problem, there should be a solution!". I found the one-liner really amusing as well an epitome of optimism. Feeling happy about such optimistic ideas floating I was reassured of my opinion that pessimism is bad. A few days later during a long chat with a local, self-proclaimed pessimistic friend, I was totally bowled over by another punch-line. That part of the talk was around this very optimism-pessimism dichotomy, when she said - "I'm proud to be a pessimist!".
Now I'm left wondering who is the better optimist?! The optimistic pessimist or the pessimistic optimist?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

confused huh? do i still need tow wait for 2-3 weeks before i form opinions :)

Pilani Pictures said...

ya...you better wait for 2-3 years;)

Anonymous said...

2-3 years!!! i think the fact that u are asking me to wait for two - three years pretty much sums u up well ;)

The Queen’s Gambit (Review)

(Glad that my review got published in Readers Write  - Thank you so much Baradwaj Rangan! ) Streaming on Netflix and consisting of seven epi...