M.F. II

I'm really surprised at the way the post M.F.Hussain has got connected with many of us. Firstly thanks to BlogBharti for linking the post.I'm very happy about it.

I'm also thrilled to get an extraordinary Comment[anonymous] to that post. I feel that Comment needs to be seen by more people; felt by more people. I do not want it to get lost. So here it goes...

"A recently turned 'civil servant', from a totally non - civil service background, my time in the district is showing me what I never ever saw, imagined sitting in a metro, even when I was studying for this exam. What I do see now is not something I can explain and thereby answer all the questions put up on the blog or reply to the repeated accusations of the terrible bureaucracy. But I can say, that there a million little and big things that the bureaucracy takes care of, every day, every minute, at least in the districts. People's lives are run by it, depend on it. What appears in the newspapers is always and only where the administration has failed. But each day, I personally see, so many people being helped, being protected by the very same bureaucracy.

In a short span of 3 months, I have seen and understood that, something I did, because of which an entire village came to thank me, took my side when local media and politicians came to accuse as usual, did not get published and will never get published and people at large will never know. BUT, I know, and that village knows, and respects me - as a bureaucrat - for what was done.

I can confidently say, that the bureaucracy is NOT the monster it is always made out to be. It has its shortcomings - many of them too - but it binds,coalesces and smoothens things out, in a way that people may not even realise. "


Thanks for that...!

People like you build that one village that fought Caesar...

4 comments:

Karthik said...

//But each day, I personally see, so many people being helped, being protected by the very same bureaucracy.//

Thanks for all if its happening ....

Gr8 and moving response which you have shared.

Pilani Pictures said...

:) My thanks too for that person...

SUNDAR said...

I have a problem with identifying the bureaucracy with the higher civil servants who still command enormous goodwill among the people despite many shortcomings.Bureaucracy also consists of vlws, Revenue inspectors, tehsildars and an army of clerks who can make life tough even for an educated person like me.(i remember running from pillar to post for a nativity certificate in the tehsil office some years back till my father convinced me of the power of bribe!)So in my view till the lower level offices are reformed bureaucracy should not be spared of its criticism.and that reform is not goin to be easy as now a days even tehsildars transfer collectors with their political links!!

Pilani Pictures said...

Very true!!....esp the last line!

The Queen’s Gambit (Review)

(Glad that my review got published in Readers Write  - Thank you so much Baradwaj Rangan! ) Streaming on Netflix and consisting of seven epi...