Happy Diwali


Happy Diwali! Felt like bringing festive mood to the Chennai Clouds. :) I could hear a lot of cracker noise in the background now. By the way, I think I should have told you something more in my previous post. The Chennai Cloud snap was shot with a very basic Canon digital camera; and more importantly I had posted the snap without modifying it like - changing the bringhtness, colour, hue etc. It is actually a colour phototgraph, not a black and white one. On that monsoon evening with those intimidating clouds draping the west side, the whole world was in black and white...

I believe in destiny - not before venturing into something; but after things had happened. To me destiny is not something that controls us; it is just a supreme explanation of the past. Why all this now? Just before my Exams started a week back these things came and went -

* Usually I watch a film daily. The choice of the film is purely based on my mood. Sometimes I have a mood to choose films with peculiar titles. Just two days before the Exams, "Serpico" attracted me. It was based on a true story. Frank Serpico is an honest cop with the New York police. He pays a heavy price for being a straight arrow in a department that is entrenced in corruption. Serpico loses his dignity, girl friends, aides, and even mental balance at times. Towards the end he is decorated with a medal in recognition for his bravery in action. But he exposes the corruption in police; and quits the department! The film closes with Serpico waiting in a port - with just his pet dog by his side. He moves to Switzerland.

* Kiran Bedi's interview was in one of the supplements of The Hindu. She says earlier she was serving to earn; now she was earning to serve. Just check this out. She had spoken about the difficulties she had to face while cleaning up the police system here; and how she ultimately got to quit it!

* One of my friends had called up. During our talk I found out I had missed the police job last year by just 2-3 marks.

I like Thirukkural.

The one that comes to my mind now is "Though you guard it well, what destiny does not decree disappears. Though you cast it aside, what fate calls yours will not depart". Verse 376.

2 comments:

nagarajan said...

This is what Super Star said in Muthu - 'Kedaikaradhu kedaikkama irukkadhu; kedaikkadhadhu kedaikkavey kedaikkadhu'. 'Yechacha yechacha gacha!'

Pilani Pictures said...

@anna:
oh..adhuvaa idhuu.. ok ok!

The Queen’s Gambit (Review)

(Glad that my review got published in Readers Write  - Thank you so much Baradwaj Rangan! ) Streaming on Netflix and consisting of seven epi...