Mouse trapped

Sometimes we let others decide for us, and sometimes such decisions prove to be quite fruitful - better than one's own decision. One latest instance of this was my involvement in the play Mousetrap, as a part of a competition here. Usually a reluctant soul when it comes to such things, I was somehow pulled in by one of my friends. I was asked to take care of lights/sounds etc. I picked up a little slowly, along with my two other crew-fellows. Soon we realised we were really interested in this job. I had always liked the job done by Lights/Soundz/Backstage Dept of BITS...and the feeling of doing that here gave me a kind of kick. The whole thing came out so well that Mousetrap was a roaring success…finished with three Awards including the one for the best Stage Effects!!!

I have many other decisions to take – some very important ones too – should I do what I want and should I take help? One more thing, till now I have not got the plot of Mousetrap properly – I just know when and how to coordinate sound and light to match the action on stage!

7 comments:

Shailesh said...

Congratulations on your success!!!

Though often orphaned one, but it is also on eof the most important activities in a play.

I had been looking after the lights and sound section of our drama for almost 4 yrs in intercollege drama competition here in pune.

Felt really happy for you...

Anonymous said...

some people just dont realise what great friends they have - till something like this happens to them!! theek hai theek hai ;) better late than never :)

Pilani Pictures said...

oh...hoo hooo!!

Pilani Pictures said...

Thanks so much Shailesh!..all the best for your prep and exams!
:)

Cosmic Voices said...

Ada Paavi! Unnakke puriyaliya?

Enna koduma saar idhu :-(

Muthuvel said...

when we do what others say, we don't take responsibility for the outcome. We always have someone else to blame if the outcome is disastrous. I feel, if we want to live our life, we have to take our decisions. Yep, it certainly helps with others' inputs, but the decision is ours!:-)

Pilani Pictures said...

hello mister cosmic voice!!

romba periya koduma iddhu...aanaa now i've more or less got the plot..did some brainstorming!
;)

Muthuvel....enna koduma sir idhu!

The Queen’s Gambit (Review)

(Glad that my review got published in Readers Write  - Thank you so much Baradwaj Rangan! ) Streaming on Netflix and consisting of seven epi...