Baby episode

One more night that will add to the many such nights that leave me wondering in the early mornings.. who was the first one to dose off? The one who tried humming rhymes to make his child sleep, or the one who was waiting to see his father's discordant two-liners on rains and sheep turn into a blabber and very soon give way to a snore with harmony. But moments before that..


Vicky: Appa, tell me sea animals story.


Me: Oh yes! What sea animals?


V: Shark.


Me: Ok.. then..
(It's easier to weave a story if the characters are given.)


V: Big shark..


Me: Okay! Next...
(Oops.. this is going to take a dangerous turn. But I can handle.)


V: Mm.. very big shark.
(With a tone of achievement.)


Me: Good, then..
(God! I'm gone now!)


V: Eh... baby shark.


Me: Wow.. very good... THEN!!
(Don't play with my emotions Vicky. Can't you just say dolphin? Even the boring coral will do.)


V: Amma shark..


Me: ??


V: Appa shark..


And soon, the rhythmic snore.

No comments:

The Queen’s Gambit (Review)

(Glad that my review got published in Readers Write  - Thank you so much Baradwaj Rangan! ) Streaming on Netflix and consisting of seven epi...